White jeans in summer… hardly cutting edge, is it?
Add on a blazer and thoughts of blazing a trail in the fashion world are well and truly extinguished!
(I can feel myself dozing off as the flames fizzle out…)
BUT, outfit ‘formulas’ like this don’t need to be dull and boring.
In fact, if you’re sticking to a tried and tested key-piece combination then it can be easier to add your own personality.
The groundwork has been done for you!
Take this outfit.
White jeans, a plain tee and a Blazer.
Making an outfit like this work for you is all in the details.
Accessories are key.
Adding your own stamp to an ‘outfit formula’ is an easy way to look stylish.
- Cuffs. A rolled jean hem and blazer cuff are essential for me! A must for staving off the frump-factor.
- Colours. I like to pick colours that either clash or blend in order to make a plain outfit seem more ‘me’. Today I’m mixing pink, lilac and burgundy with the white jeans.
- Shoes. Interesting shoes are always a good idea. Boring shoes = Boring outfit. Today I’m wearing a pair of white sling-back clogs. Comfortable and just different enough. These ones I picked up in a charity shop… they were brand new and were for sale at over £100 on the brand’s website. Oh, how I love a bargain!
- Bag. This satchel was a gift from my hubby a few years ago now and is fun but still functional… plus, the perfect summer shade!
- Scarf. A simple slim silk scarf (try saying that quickly!) adds a flash of colour that pulls the other items together with ease. Scarves are also an easy way to get outfit colour combination inspiration.
- Earrings. Fun tassel earrings make all the difference to the feel of this outfit. A little bit of whimsy is always a good idea. One bold piece is much more stylish than a matching ‘set’.
TEE: Marks and Spencer
BLAZER: Asos… try this one
SHOES; Sweedish Hasbeens
BAG: Cambridge satchel company
SCARF: A gift from a friend… this one is beautiful!
EARRINGS: New Look… try these.
BELT: Boden… try this.
What summer outfit formulas are you making your own this season?