Androgyny and femininity may seem like polar opposites. androgynous style 6 ways to add femininity
So, and androgynous-feminine look is a complete contradiction in terms!
However, I believe that androgynous styling can be THE most feminine way for a woman to dress.
There is just something special about a nod to masculinity that is not only super-feminine (and a little sexy) but also strong and powerful.
Androgynous dressing exudes strength and confidence.
The best part is that it’s super-comfortable, and easy peasy to style!
Androgynous dressing simply involves anything ‘borrowed from the boys’…
- Collared shirts.
- Crew-necked jumpers.
- Tailored trousers.
- Even neck ties, and braces.
The simple way to make any androgynous piece work is to add a feminine touch.
Whatever your idea of femininity is.
Follow your instincts, and you can’t really go wrong!
One subtle nod to your feminine side, and any androgynous outfit will work beautifully.
6 Ways to Add Femininity
- Hair. Your crowning glory can be all you need to make your androgynous outfit look super-feminine. Even if you are wearing a three piece suit, tie and brogues!
- Makeup. Sexy smokey eyes, a power pout…Or both! Whatever floats your boat.
- Shoes. Add a heel and you’re instantly on to a winner, but a feminine flat can work just as well. If brogues are your thing try adding a cute sock in lurex or fishnet.
- Jewellery. A fabulous pair of earrings, statement bangle, cheeky brooch, OTT cocktail ring, choker, long pendant…. anything goes, as long as it is bold enough to stand out from the rest your outfit.
- Accessories. Clutch bags, silk scarves or a beautiful belt… instant femininity.
- Grooming. Neat brows, glowing skin, delicate perfume, a beautiful manicure (or pedicure). Subtle, but powerfully sexy.
What would YOUR feminine touch be?
Red lips and nails?
A fabulous cocktail ring?
Please share in the comments.
I would love to hear your favourites!
P.S. I must tell you that I don’t recommend these trousers from French Connection at all!
They were VERY overpriced (silly money), with a poor quality fabric (so thin) and appauling finish.
I wore them because I love the shape (and design) but had to return them after threads started unravelling along the side seams.
I was worried they would fall to bits and fall off me!
It’s SO disappointing when a brand you assume is going to be great quality is cutting corners.
Don’t waste your money.